Monday, August 16, 2010

How do I break up with my boyfriend without hurting my friendship with his sister?

His sister and I have been best friends for approximately 13 years and we started dating about a year ago. I have a two year old daughter that is crazy about him, but this relationship is way too taxing on me financiall, physically, emotionally and mentally, I cannot last another day!





I want to break up with him but not sure how to go about this since his sister and I have been best friends always. Would it not be better to piss him off so that he dumps me then all is well is'nt it? Please help me I am desperate.How do I break up with my boyfriend without hurting my friendship with his sister?
I would sit down and talk to her beforehand. Let her know how your feeling about the relationship and that its taking its toll on you. Explain to her that although the relationship between you and your boyfriend isnt working, you still love her greatly and want to maintain your friendship with her. She may be more supportive than you think. After all, she is your friend, and if the relationship is as bad as you say, then she had probably noticed.How do I break up with my boyfriend without hurting my friendship with his sister?
The logical thing to do is to talk to your best friend about how you feel, trusting her in a decision about her brother, will make her feel closer to you, and she might be able to help you through this, in ways no one else could. Tell her also what you have told us, that you are afraid breaking up would affect you friendship with her.


She probably wouldn't like you pissing him off, making him break it up, that would be cruel to her brother.


You would tell your best friend most things, this is where she can really help if you open up to her.


It might have other effects on her brother, if you haven't told him how he is taxing you, you need to do so, after speaking to his sister, but before breaking up with him.
If she's your best friend she must know how you feel.Or are you


not as close as you think you are.You talk to best friends and more so when it concerns members of their family.If you can't talk to her.Then she isn't much of a friend.No problem.
I think the best thing to do is have an honest discussion with his sister and explain that whilst to her he may be the best brother in the world, for you he just isn't the best boyfriend or the right person. Give her some honest and open reasons without compromising her or him (if that is possible). I'm sure she might be shocked, particularly if she has had no clue that things are bad - although I've often found in families that this is rarely the case.





You will probably find that if you are unhappy, he is toom and if that is the case she's probably willing you both to do the right thing and break up.





If she is a good friend she will understand that you need to do what makes you happy, but you may have to understand that she may need some time to adjust to the change also. She may not be happy if her brother is upset but she also won't want to see you upset.





It is better to leave a relationship you are unhappy with. Real friends will always be there for you - related to the soon-to-be ex or not!!! So long as you do the right thing - i.e. staying with him and doing something to get dumped such as cheating on him for example will not win over his sister!!





If you treat him fairly in the seperation I'm sure she will be fine, if not immediately, then after some time to adjust.





good luck and please don't stay in an unhappy relationship! It's just not worth it.
If she is mature and as u say ur best friend then she should accept how u feel and help u to deal with it.


U shud def end this relationship if it wears u down as much as u say it does.


Gud luck...x
no dont piss him of just tell him you dont want to go out with him you where best friends with his sister well before you went out with him if she stops talking to you or dose not want to know you after this then sorry she was never a best frirnd in the frist place
Unfortunately sometimes you cannot have your cake and eat it too. No matter how this relationship ends your best friend will take a side and you need to be prepared that it may not be yours. Give her some time to understand and make sure you don't talk bad about him. Maybe your friendship will survive.
It is not a cell phones question
  • mens hair
  • NSW Research chemicals
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment