Friday, August 20, 2010

What's the right way to break up with my boyfriend in this situation

Alright well I've been with him for about a two weeks now and this past couple of days I've just been feeling the fire die out. I also feel horrible since we live in two different cities and my lack transportation, he gets stuck driving to see me (I give him gas money of course!) we only have a few things in common and there is a little age gap (I'm a junior in HS and he is in his first year of college). Anyways, he is a total sweetheart and I know i don't deserve him, I'm just not ready for another relationship right now and I think it was a mistake for me to ask him out. What's the right way to break this off? I think it would be even more bitchy of me to make him drive out here and do it in person and I don't want him to think he's a bad boyfriend because he definitely IS NOT, but I'm not ready to be committed to someone again after a bad break up a few months back. I know texting/calling is childish but he lives so far away :l what to do? Also he gave me a bracelet with his name beaded into it I want to give it back if he wants it but how?





Any advice is helpful!What's the right way to break up with my boyfriend in this situation
I would just say you need to explain it to him


make sure he understands








answer mine:


http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind鈥?/a>What's the right way to break up with my boyfriend in this situation
I always feel that breaking up face-to-face is the best and only way. Still, i can see how you'd feel bad making him drive to you for you to do it.





You should probably stick to the phone but really - I doubt he'll want your bracelet back. What will he do with it? Give it to another girl who has your name? I think not.
if youre not over your last one u have no business getting caught up in another. tell him ur not over the last yet and ask him to wait for u if he really cares like he sounds like he does he will
Breaking up iwth someone is never easy, but if you really don't like him and you don't see it going anywhere then break up with him as soon as possible. DO NOT text him to break up with him. It would be best to do it in person, but if you can't do that then at least talk to him on the phone. I have been in this situation a few times myself (not exactly the same). Ask yourself the real reason why you can't be open with him. Is it becuase you don't like him, or is it because you still have feelings for your ex and you're compasring this relationship to yur last? Ultimately follow your heart but I know from experience that breaking up because of an ex is a mistake! I really like the guy i was dating but he couldn't ';measure up to my ex'; even though my ex treated me badly. You don't need to break up completey. Just tell him you wanna take things slow. Tell him your true feelings. You don't want to burn any bridges or regret breaking up with a good guy.
Yikes. That's harsh. That's just rreeeaally sad...


So um the thing is to start nice. Like don't just blurt it out. Lead into the problem. Tell him you feel guilty about meeting him like that (driving out everyday to meet you), and say maybe it's best we sorta give ourselves a break for a bit. Then if he gets the point, he'll stop coming and stuff. Maybe in the future he'll get another girlfriend and you'll get another boyfriend. Everything will be settled that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment