Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How should I break up with my boyfriend?

I have been dating a sophomore for a little over three months now. I am a freshman. I really want to break up with him but I don't know what to say to him. I know I have to do it face to face so please don't tell me to do it over email or the phone. I don't want to hurt him and he is really emotional so I know he would most likely cry. Help? Thanks.How should I break up with my boyfriend?
The best way to break up with someone - and are you absolutely sure you really do? - is to break up with him the way you would want to be treated yourself. This involves a little sensitivity of course but honesty is the best policy.





Don't resort to cliches such as ';its not you - it's me'; just say you feel you are not really suited for reasons a, b and c. If you are truthful he will respect that in the end. Stand firm and don't be moved by tears or promises to change. You'll probably both be in tears by the end - honest conversations have that effect, but stick to your guns.





Say you want a clean break and not a separation but you would like to have him as a friend if he agrees. Always say hello when you see him after that and be pleasant no matter what. There can be repercussions such as possible gossip about you and of course he will be very hurt so he could be angry about it for a time, but he should come round if you keep friendly.





People like to be treated with respect - thats all there is to it really!





Good Luck


JoHow should I break up with my boyfriend?
Breaking up is tough enough, but if you do feel that you should then you are really doing a good thing for you and for him, trust me. It may be a little tough for your boyfriend but this is the best for him too.





First of all meet at any place which is not too crowded and mostly be polite to him. Its very obvious from your text that you are a caring person and that you like him to the extent that you dont want to get him hurt.





well its going to hurt him but then face to face is the best option, tell him very politely that you like him but its not really working for you, not that you have any complains from him (even if you have, ur breaking so it doesnt matter anymore) but u dont find that its working and i think that we should be taking our own path. I am sorry to tell you this but i am just trying to be honest with you..





something like this, all the best
hmmm tricky. Just talk about good things and bad things but when you start breaking up with him let him now by sensing you are going to and explain why and whilst you are explaining say the good things aswell :)





good luck :) xx
  • mens hair
  • red hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment